How to Apply Reserve Bank of India (RBI) Recruitment “Office Attendant”
Candidates have to apply only online through the Bank’s website i.e. www.rbi.org.in from February 24, 2021 to March 15, 2021. No other means/mode of applications will be accepted.
(A) PRE-REQUISITES FOR APPLYING ONLINE:
Before applying online, candidates should
(i) scan their :
- photograph (4.5cm × 3.5cm)
ensuring that the all these scanned images adhere to the required specifications as given below.
(ii) Signature in CAPITAL LETTERS will NOT be accepted.
(iii) Keep the necessary details/documents ready to make Online Payment of the requisite intimation charges.
(iv) Have a valid personal email ID and mobile no., which should be kept active till the completion of this Recruitment Process. Bank may send intimation to download call letters for the Examination etc. through the registered e-mail ID. In case a candidate does not have a valid personal e-mail ID, he should create his/ her new e-mail ID and mobile no. before applying online and must maintain that email account and mobile number. The Bank shall not be liable if any email communication is delivered to the SPAM/JUNK folder of the candidates’ email account. Candidates are advised to check their SPAM/JUNK folders also.
(v) The Bank reserves the right not to send any communication by any other mode than Email/SMS. No change in E-mail ID will be entertained during the entire process of the recruitment.
(B) PROCEDURE FOR APPLYING ONLINE:
(i) Candidates satisfying the conditions of eligibility as on February 01, 2021 are first required to visit the URL “Recruitment for the post of Office Attendants – 2020” on Bank’s website i.e. www.rbi.org.in >Opportunities@RBI>Current Vacancies > Vacancies and click on the hyperlink “Online Application Form” in the Advertisement page for filling the ‘Online Application’. It redirects the candidates to the online registration page.
(ii) Candidates will have to enter their basic details and upload the photograph and signature in the online application form as per the specifications given.
(iii) To register application, choose the tab “Click here for New Registration” and enter Name, Contact details and Email-id. A Provisional Registration Number and Password will be generated by the system and displayed on the screen. Candidate should note down the Provisional Registration Number and Password. An Email & SMS indicating the Provisional
Registration number and Password will also be sent.
(iv) In case the candidate is unable to complete the application form in one go, he/ she can save the data already entered by choosing “SAVE AND NEXT” tab. Prior to submission of the online application candidates are advised to use the “SAVE AND NEXT” facility to verify the details in the online application form and modify the same if required.
(v) Candidates are advised to carefully fill and verify the details filled in the online application themselves as no change will be possible/ entertained after clicking the FINAL SUBMIT BUTTON.
(vi) The Name of the candidate or his/ her Father/ Husband etc. should be spelt correctly in the application as it appears in the Photo identity proof / Certificates/ Mark sheets. Any change/alteration found may disqualify the candidature.
(vii) Validate your details and Save your application by clicking the ‘Validate your details’ and ‘Save & Next’ button.
(viii) Candidates can proceed to upload Photo and Signature as per the specifications given in the Guidelines for Scanning and Upload of the same.
(ix) Candidates can proceed to fill other details of the Application Form. (x) Click on the Preview Tab to preview and verify the entire application form before FINAL SUBMIT.
(xi) Modify details, if required, and click on ‘FINAL SUBMIT’ ONLY after verifying and ensuring that the photograph and signature are uploaded and other details filled by you are correct.
(xii) Click on ‘Payment’ Tab and proceed for payment.
(xiii) Click on ‘Submit’ button.
(xiv) Candidates shall be solely responsible for filling up the online applications correctly. In case of invalid applications due to errors committed by the applicant no claims for refund of intimation charges so collected shall be entertained by the Bank.
(xv) To avoid last minute rush, candidates are advised to pay the intimation charges and register online at the earliest.
(xvi) Please note that all the particulars mentioned in the online application including Name of the Candidate, Category, Date of Birth, Address, Mobile Number, Email ID, Centre of Online test etc. will be considered as final and no modifications will be allowed after submission of the online application form. Candidates are hence requested to fill in the online application form with the utmost care as no correspondence regarding change of details will be entertained. RBI will not be responsible for any consequences arising out of furnishing of incorrect and incomplete details in the application or omission to provide the required details in the application form.
(xvii) An online application which is incomplete in any respect such as without photograph and signature or illegible/ unclear photographs uploaded in the online application form will not be considered as valid. Candidates are advised in their own interest to apply on-line much before
the closing date and not to wait till the last date for depositing the fee to avoid the possibility of disconnection/inability/failure to log on the RBI’s website on account of heavy load on internet/website jam.
(xviii) Bank does not assume any responsibility for the candidates not being able to submit their applications within the last day on account of aforesaid reasons or any other reason.
(xix) Please note that the above procedure is the only valid procedure for applying. No other mode of application or incomplete steps would be accepted and such applications would be rejected.
(xx) Any information submitted by an applicant in his/ her application shall be binding on the candidate personally and he/ she shall be liable for prosecution/ civil consequences in case the information/ details furnished by him/ her are found to be false at a later stage.
(C) MODE OF PAYMENT FOR APPLICATION FEES/ INTIMATION CHARGES:
Candidates have to make the payment of requisite fee/intimation charges through the online mode only:
(i) The application form is integrated with the payment gateway and the payment process can be completed by following the instructions.
(ii) The payment can be made by using Debit Cards (RuPay/Visa/MasterCard/Maestro), Credit Cards, Internet Banking, IMPS, Cash Cards/ Mobile Wallets.
(iii) After submitting your payment information in the online application form,
PLEASE WAIT FOR THE INTIMATION FROM THE SERVER. DO NOT PRESS BACK OR REFRESH BUTTON IN ORDER TO AVOID DOUBLE CHARGE.
(iv) On successful completion of the transaction, an e-Receipt will be generated.
(v) Non-generation of ‘E-Receipt’ indicates PAYMENT FAILURE. On failure of payment, Candidates are advised to login again using their Provisional Registration Number and Password and repeat the process of payment.
(vi) Candidates are required to take a printout of the e-Receipt and online Application Form. Please note that if the same cannot be generated, online transaction may not have been successful.
(vii) For Credit Card users: All charges are listed in Indian Rupee. If you use a non-Indian credit card, your bank will convert to your local currency based on prevailing exchange rates.
(viii) To ensure the security of your data, please close the browser window once your transaction is completed.
(ix) There is facility to print application form containing fee details after payment of fees upto March 15, 2021.
(D) GUIDELINES FOR SCANNING & UPLOADING THE PHOTOGRAPH & SIGNATURE:
Before applying online a candidate will be required to have a scanned (digital) image of his/ her photograph and signature as per the specifications given below.
(i) Photograph Image:
- Image: (4.5cm × 3.5cm)
- Photograph must be a recent passport style colour picture.
- Make sure that the picture is in colour, taken against a light-coloured, preferably white background.
- Look straight at the camera with a relaxed face
- If the picture is taken on a sunny day, have the sun behind you, or place yourself in the shade, so that you are not squinting and there are no harsh shadows
- If you have to use flash, ensure there’s no “red-eye”
- If you wear glasses make sure that there are no reflections and your eyes can be clearly seen.
- Caps, hats and dark glasses are not acceptable. Religious headwear is allowed but it must not cover your face.
- Dimensions 200 x 230 pixels (preferred)
- Size of file should be between 20KB–50 KB
- Ensure that the size of the scanned image is not more than 50kb. If the size of the file is more than 50 kb, then adjust the settings of the scanner such as the DPI resolution, no. of colours etc., during the process of scanning
(ii) Signature Image:
- The applicant has to sign on white paper with Black Ink pen.
- The signature must be signed only by the applicant and not by any other person.
- The signature will be used to put on the Call Letter and wherever necessary.
- The Applicant’s signature obtained on the attendance sheet and Call letter at the time of the examination should match the uploaded signature. In case of mismatch, applicant will be disqualified.
- Dimensions 140 x 60 pixels (preferred)
- Size of file should be between 10KB – 20KB for signature
- Ensure that the size of the scanned image is not more than 20 KB.
- Signature in CAPITAL LETTERS shall NOT be accepted.
(iii) Scanning the Photograph & Signature:
- Set the scanner resolution to a minimum of 200 dpi (dots per inch).
- Set Colour to True Colour.
- File Size as specified above
- Crop the image in the scanner to the edge of the photograph/signature, then use the upload editor to crop the image to the final size (as specified above).
- The image file should be JPG or JPEG format. An example file name is: image01.jpg or image01.jpeg Image dimensions can be checked by listing the folder files or moving the mouse over the file image icon.
- Candidates using MS Windows/MSOffice can easily obtain photo and signature in .jpeg format not exceeding 50KB & 20KB respectively by using MS Paint or MSOffice Picture Manager. Scanned photograph and signature in any format can be saved in .jpg format by using ‘Save As’ option in the File menu and size can be reduced below 50KB (photograph) & 20KB (signature) by using crop and then resize option (Please see point (i) & (ii) above for the pixel size) in the ‘Image’ menu. Similar options are available in other photo editor also. If the file size and format are not as prescribed, an error message will be displayed.
While filling in the Online Application Form the candidate should fill in all his/ her details on Page
- After verifying that the details filled in are correct and clicking on the ‘Submit/ Next’ button a 26 link will be provided on Page 2 of the online application form to upload his/ her photograph and signature. Procedure for uploading the photograph and signature:
- There will be two separate links for uploading Photograph and Signature
- Click on the respective link “Upload Photograph / Signature”
- Browse & Select the location where the Scanned Photo / Signature file has been saved.
- Select the file by clicking on it
- Click the ‘Upload’ button
- Your Online Application will not be registered unless you upload your photo and signature as specified.
- In case the face in the photograph or signature is unclear / smudged the candidate’s application will be rejected.
- After uploading the Photograph / signature in the online application form candidates should check that the images are clear and have been uploaded correctly. In case the photograph or signature is not prominently visible, the candidate may edit his/ her application and re-upload his/ her photograph or signature, prior to submitting the form.
- After registering online candidates are advised to take a printout of their system generated online application forms.
- Candidate should also ensure to upload photo at the place of photo and signature at the place of signature. If photo in place of photo and signature in place of signature is not uploaded properly, candidate will not be allowed to appear for the exam.