Notification No.01/2020/COVID-19 Date: 07.04.2020
In view of the exigencies related with the COVID-19 Pandemic, Southern Railway, Chennai
Division requires immediately the following Medical Personnel and Para Medical Personnel for their
Divisional Railway Hospital, Arakkonam (Designated Hospital for managing COVID-19) on contract
basis for a period of maximum 3 months.
Online Job Form
I. Details of the posts:
Name of the Post No.of vacancies
1 Contract Medical Practitioner 72
2 Nursing Staff 120
3 Lab Assistant 24
4 Radiographer 24
5 Hospital Attendant 120
6 Housekeeping Assistant 240
Contract Medical practitioner Doctor
(I) Rs.75000/-fixed in case of specialists Rs.95000/- fixed
(II) Rs.44900/- in Lavel-7 (plus Da & other allowance admissible.)
(III) Rs.21,700/-in Lavel-3 (plus Da & other allowance admissible.)
(IV) Rs.29,200/- Lavel-5(plus Da & other allowance admissible.)
(V) Rs.18000/- in Lavel-1 (plus Da & other allowance admissible.)
(VI) Rs.18000/- Level-1 ( plus Da & other allowance admissible.)
Educational Qualification & Experience
Contract Medical Practitioner Doctor
- M.B.B.S and registered with the Indian Medical Council.
- Two Years experience is desirable.
- Specialization in Anaesthesia/Physician/Intervisitors will be given preference.
Certified as a registered Nurse & Midwife having passed 03 Years course in General Nursing and Midwifery from school of Nursing or other Institution recognized by the Indian Nursing Council or B.Sc (Nursing).Experience /trained in ICU/Dialysis Unit /Ventilators is preferable.
12th (10+2 stage) with Science plus Diploma in Medical Laboratory Technology (DMLT) from a recognised University.
10+2 with Physics and Chemistry and Diploma in Radiography/X-Ray Technician/Radio diagnosis Technology (2 years course) from recognized institution. Science graduates with Diploma in Radiography/X-Ray Technician /Radio diagnosis Technology (2 years course) shall be preferred.
10th Std passed Experience in ICU / Dialysis Unit is preferable l.
10th Std passed
Age as on 01.04.2020
- Contract Medical Practitioner Doctor Should not have completed more than 50 Years
- Nursing 20 to 40
- Lab Assistant 18 to 33
- Rediographer 18 to 33
- Hospital Attentant 18 to 30
- Housekeeping Safaiwala 18 to 30
- Relaxation of 5 years of age SC/ST candidates.
- Relaxation of 3 years of age for OBC Non Creamy layer candidates.
- Relaxation of 10 years of age for person with Disability candidates(Only post of Lab technician suitable for PWD (OH,HH) candidates)
The Candidate shall undergo a medical examination before the contract is entered into for fitness to perform the work awarded to him / her.
Walk-in-Interview will be conducted for selection of suitable candidates for CMP doctors & Paramedical Staff posts.
- V. Terms and Conditions :
CANDIDATES APPEARING FOR WALK-IN INTERVIEW SHALL COME WITH
ADEQUATE PROTECTION RECOMMENDED AGAINST COVID 19 AND SHALL
MAINTAIN SOCIAL DISTANCING AND ADHERE TO ALL NORMS PRESCRIBED
BY THE GOVERNMENT DURING THE LOCKDOWN PERIOD.
- The engagement of the Contract Medical Practitioner and Contract Para Medical
Staff would be on the fulltime contract basis for a period of maximum three months
from the date of engagement (if the scheme of engagement of Paramedical Staff on
contract basis is not extended). The service rendered during the contract is an
arrangement for meeting up the requirement of the pandemic situation and it will
not confer any right for automatic regularization/absorption in Southern Railway
in any circumstances.
- The services rendered as Contract Medical Practitioner or Contract Para Medical
Staff on contract basis is a stop gap arrangement and will not have any bearing in
respect of consideration of their period of service in case of regular selection
through RRB or UPSC.
- Full time Contract Staff who enters into contract with the Railways will not have
any claim or right for his/her regularization or absorption in Railway service.
- During the validity of contracts, the Railway Administration will be at liberty to
terminate the contract at any time during the contract period for administrative
reasons whatsoever. The contract shall also be terminated forthwith if the work of
the Contract Staff is found to be unsatisfactory and the full time Contract Staff is
found to be physically or mentally invalid or incapacitated.
- Candidates proposed to be engaged on contract should be fit medically else will
not be considered.
- After selection of the candidates for the posts required, the names of the remaining
- candidates who appeared in the walk-in-interview will be
kept on waiting list and in event of any vacancy arises in future will be filled by
- The detailed instructions with regard to the duties shall be given to the candidates
who are selected, along with the offer of engagement.
- The candidates on contract are required to follow the dress code as per
administrative requirement at their own cost.
- The contract will be ceased on completion of the period of 03 months
- The SC/ST/OBC candidates should submit a self-attested copy of the caste
certificate issued by the competent authority in the prescribed proforma. OBC
candidates must ensure ‘non creamy layer’ certification and such certification
should not be more than one year old at the time of Document Verification.
- The selected candidate will be paid remuneration as noted in Para-I mentioned
above and the candidates cannot claim any additional remuneration
allowances or other benefits during the course of contract period.
- No TA/DA/Taxi/Conveyance charge shall be paid for appearing for Walk-in-
- No private practice or any other employment will be permitted during the contract
- The candidates are personally responsible for payment of professional tax,
income tax and other duties/ faxes leviable by the State/Central Governments
from time to time.
Candidates who fulfil the above terms and conditions and having requisite qualification may walk-in for interview with a detailed resume on the schedules date, time at venue with the following original documents:
a. Date of birth certificate or SSLC/SSE Board Certificate.
b. All Education certificates ( eg SSLC/SSC, HSC, Degree etc)
c. If working NOC from the current employer
d. Experience certificate if any. (The experience certificate should be on the
letterhead of the hospital/clinic with clear signature & seal/stamp of
the issuing authority).
e. Academic/Educational Qualification for every
category must be from a recognized
Institution/Board (Mark Sheet and Certificate)
f. 6nos of passport size photographs, alongwith ID proof
Venue : Southern Railway Health,Poonamalle High Road,Egmore opp. Dina Thanthi Office
Date : 15.04.2020 – For contract Medical Practitioners (Doctors)
16.04.2020 For Nursing Staff
17.04.2020 For Lab Assistant,Radiographer,Hospital Attendant and House keeping Assistant
Time : 11.00 Hrs to 15 hrs